by: Harry Johnson | copyright: eTurboNews – Travel Industry News – World Travel News
North Americans looking for an authentic European-style cruise experience can now book a 2024 Costa Cruises vacation to the Mediterranean and northern Europe. The cruises now open for sale depart between March 31 and Nov. 30, 2024, and a new Around the World cruise, departing in December 2024, also will be available for booking in the coming days.
Mediterranean 2024 Highlights:
In 2024 Costa will have three ships — sisters Costa Smeralda and Costa Toscana, and Costa Pacifica — sailing in the western Mediterranean on weeklong cruises visiting destinations in Italy, France and Spain:
• Costa Smeralda will depart roundtrip Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; or Barcelona, Spain, starting March 2024, and visit Marseille, France; and Cagliari, Naples and Genoa, Italy.
• Starting in late March, Costa Toscana will depart Civitavecchia or Barcelona on an itinerary calling at Marseille, Palma de Mallorca, Spain; and Palermo and Savona, Italy. During summer Palma de Mallorca will be replaced by Ibiza, Spain.
• Starting May 6 Costa Pacifica will depart Civitavecchia, calling at Savona; Ajaccio, Corsica; Palma de Mallorca and Valencia, Spain; and Marseille; with La Spezia, Italy, replacing Ajaccio in the fall.
Costa Deliziosa will sail the eastern Mediterranean on an eight-day itinerary that includes Marghera (Venice) and Bari, Italy; and the Greek islands of Santorini, Mykonos and Katakolon. Also confirmed to go on sale in the coming weeks are cruises from Taranto, Italy; and Catania, Sicily; bound for the Greek islands and Malta.
Northern Europe 2024 Highlights
During the summer Costa Diadema, Costa Fascinosa and Costa Favolosa, will sail northern Europe cruises:
• Costa Diadema will offer weeklong cruises from Kiel, Germany; bound for Copenhagen, Denmark; and the Norwegian fjords.
• Costa Fascinosa will sail 12-day cruises to North Cape, Norway, and nine-day cruises to the Baltic cities of Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; Tallinn, Estonia; and Riga, Latvia.
• Costa Favolosa will offer four different itineraries from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, visiting Greenland, Iceland, England, Ireland and the Lofoten Islands on 15-day cruises.
Variety of Cruises Offered
• For those seeking shorter getaways, in spring and fall three- and four-day western Mediterranean cruises will be offered on Costa Pacifica and Costa Fascinosa.
• In autumn Costa Diadema will sail the Mediterranean and beyond on a two-week itinerary that visits the Canary Islands.
• Costa Favolosa will sail 12-day cruises to Lisbon, Portugal; or 10-day cruises to Morocco.
• Come spring, Costa Fascinosa will cruise to the Azores islands roundtrip from Barcelona on a 15-day itinerary.
2025 Around the World Cruise
The 2025 Around the World Cruise on Costa Deliziosa will circumnavigate the globe mostly in the Southern Hemisphere, visiting South America’s Tierra del Fuego, Polynesia, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. For the first time, the departure will be in early December to include the holidays. New Year’s Eve in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, will feature the fireworks display from Copacabana Beach.
With the opening of sales for 2024 itineraries, Costa is debuting a new system of cabin categorization according to location, size, deck and proximity to common areas. The new room selector tool will enable guests to choose their favorite cabin on each ship.
New 2024 Mediterranean and Europe cruises with Costa Cruises“>Click here to read the FULL Article.
More news on eTurboNews – Travel Industry News – World Travel News