by: Harry Johnson | copyright: eTurboNews – Travel Industry News – World Travel News
St. Kitts Tourism Authority is gearing up for 2023, with innovative programming, thrilling sporting events, and a star-studded festival on the horizon. While this summer in St. Kitts has been appropriately named the “Summer of Fun,” the destination’s year-long event schedule is packed with culture, music, and adventure suited for every traveler.
2023 Calendar of Events
● Nevis to St. Kitts Cross Channel Swim (26 March): Now in its 21st year, what started as a simple memorial has blossomed into one of the Caribbean’s favorite open water swimming events. World-class athletes rub shoulders with recreational swimmers, all gathering to support a noble cause.
● St. Kitts Music Festival (22-24 June): One of the most diverse musical events in the Caribbean, the 25th Annual St. Kitts Music Festival draws A-list musicians, island visitors and locals for an on-your-feet celebration of exhilarating live music at the Kim Collins Athletic Stadium.
● St. Kitts and Nevis Restaurant Week (13-23 July): Join us for St. Kitts and Nevis Restaurant Week and help celebrate the best cooking our islands have to offer. We will have special menus based on a local theme ingredient, at fixed special prices. This year’s featured local ingredient is sweet potato.
● CPL 20 Cricket: The Caribbean Premier League (CPL) 2023 all set to take place at Warner Park, St Kitts & Nevis. Matches will be played in a Double Round Robin Method.
● St. Kitts-Nevis National Carnival: Locally called Sugar Mas, St. Kitts-Nevis National Carnival opens on a Friday, with 6 weeks of a series of fêtes filled with calypso, waterworks, live events and fun. On January 2, for a final bash, revelers take to the streets for the Last Lap, the National Carnival’s concluding outdoor celebration.
“This year’s exciting calendar of events is reflective of the many shining qualities and distinctions of our St. Kitts: our people, music, culinary, rum, art, and culture,” said Ellison “Tommy” Thompson, CEO of St. Kitts Tourism Authority. “We are thrilled to share Kittitian culture authentically with our travelers throughout the year, especially during our ‘Summer of Fun’. We are positive that travelers will find no shortage of activities throughout the year.”
This month, St. Kitts has launched its newest island offering, the Kittitian RumMaster. Led by two of St. Kitts’s prestigious rum experts, the Kittitian RumMaster program invites travelers to deep-dive into the history of rum and distilling rum, gain hands-on experience in creating spiced rum, and the methodology of creating rum-based cocktails. This unique immersive experience is designed for both rum aficionados and visitors wanting to learn more about the spirit. Kittitian RumMaster is the first program of its kind on the island. The Kittitian RumMaster launch will bring key U.S. media to the island to experience the program first-hand. Esteemed writers contributing to Fathom, InsideHook, Islands, and Thrillist. They will be among the first to experience the program.
January has already brought St. Kitts ample success in media coverage and awards. The island has won two platinum Viddy Awards for its brand videos “Venture Deeper” and “Feed Your Soul in St. Kitts.”
The Viddy awards is an international competition that honors “video excellence in the digital world.” Awards are given to those who exceed a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.
Alongside coverage in top-tier outlets like Fodor’s Travel, Thrillist, and The Miami Times, St. Kitts was recently featured in the newest series by The Points Guy “Launch Pad”. This new video series featured the destination in a 12-minute video that has been published on all The Points Guy social platforms and ran across 90 airports (700 gates) in North America. This video was also screened in government and healthcare offices and is expected to garner millions of impressions.
St. Kitts Tourism promises visitors exciting 2023“>Click here to read the FULL Article.
More news on eTurboNews – Travel Industry News – World Travel News